Beauville Arts is a specialist centre that works extensively with schools and offers a range of bespoke music, drama and dance courses, both residential and non-residential.
Many schools opt for a tailored version of our popular musical theatre camps, where we work intensively with students to stage a musical within a week. The course involves rewarding sessions in music, dance, theatre and set design with students working as a team in a positive and challenging environment. These weeks often support general curriculum studies in schools with shows like “Romeo and Juliet”, “Oliver Twist”, “Les Misérables” and “The Tempest”.
Whether you are a school-based orchestra, jazz big band or a local youth drama project, students preparing composition coursework or a year group opting for a musical theatre camp, Beauville Arts can offer a unique course designed specifically to achieve your aims. Together with our specialist staff, we can create a unique experience for your students that will inspire them in their academic and artistic studies at school. As one Director of Music said:
“We achieved more in 5 days at Beauville than we did in a 14 week term of rehearsals. The orchestra players are now so motivated and dedicated – I can’t wait for next year when we can take it even further!”
Whatever the style of music, Beauville Arts can create the ideal learning and performance environment. We offer:
- specialist teaching staff on all instruments, as well as in conducting, composition and ensemble performance
- a wide range of rehearsal spaces ideal for small teaching groups, individual practice, dance rehearsals and orchestras
- a digital recording studio for high quality recording and mix-down as well as portable recording and PA equipment for concerts and productions
We can cater for all ages and abilities and we employ staff specifically chosen for each course. You can find out more about our specialist staff here. Artistic Director, Jonathan Mallalieu is an experienced teacher, performer, composer and director. He has been Head of Music and Performing Arts in several UK and international schools and now works as a freelance composer and musician. Jonathan has been an A Level examiner for Edexcel UK.
The numbers of students usually range from 12 up to 50, however study weeks for smaller numbers of students are common for GCSE, A Level and International Baccalaureate revision and coursework.
Depending on the time of year and the budget, students stay either at Les 2 Lacs campsite (shared tents and mobile homes) or in one or more of the gite complexes close by. Once in Beauville everything is taken care of and all food and refreshments are supplied. We can also offer a wide choice of excursions ranging from canoeing days to prehistoric caves, theme parks and science trips to concerts and opera.
View Larger Map
Beauville, Lot-et-Garonne (47) is between Toulouse and Bordeaux in south west France. The nearest city is Agen, 20 minutes drive away. Cahors is 45 minutes to the north east. Perched on a hill top overlooking the lovely Agenais countryside, Beauville, has a small population of 570 but supports a lively, predominantly agricultural, community. It has all essential services including a doctors, pharmacy, local supermarket, post office, tourist office, bank, café, restaurant and boulangerie.
The nearest international airports are at Toulouse and Bordeaux, both of which run shuttle buses to their respective train stations from which there are direct trains to Agen. Direct trains arrive regularly from most major French cities including Paris (4hrs), Toulouse (1hr) and Bordeaux (1.5 hrs).
We can also organise transport to and from Beauville from any location in Europe, although some schools organise this themselves.
- Music Technology inset training for teachers
- Songwriting and recording weeks
- Orchestral rehearsal/concert weeks
- Theatre weeks for children with learning difficulties
- Music curriculum courses: revision for GCSE and A level music; composition weeks for coursework; solo and ensemble performance recording for GCSE, A Level and International Baccalaureate
- Musical Theatre courses combining music, drama, dance and craft
- Specialist instrumental/vocal weeks
- Chamber music and small ensembles
- British School of Paris – Rock and Pop week for Year 9 (4ème) students considering IGCSE music; INSET training in music technology
- Mougins School – Rock and Pop week for Year 9 & 10 (4ème/5ème) students
- International School of Nice – 6 years of musical theatre weeks for Year 8 (5ème)
- Gardens Drama Group, Herts – Musical theatre week for students with learning difficulties
- St George’s College, Weybridge – Classical chamber music/orchestral week
- St David’s School, Ashford – French immersion course with arts workshops
- Services Sociaux, Alençon – Dance week, Hip Hop and Commercial styles
- Ecole de Danse, Mirande – Musical theatre week in English
- International School of Monaco – INSET training in music technology
- British International School, Bratislava – INSET training in music technology
- Collège Felix Aunac, Agen – Musical theatre workshops in English for the ‘Classe Européen’
- Collège & Lycée International Victor Hugo, Colomiers – Annual musical theatre workshops, Section Britannique
- Collège & Lycée International St Germain, Paris – Musical theatre weeks, Section Britannique
- International School of Toulouse – Music, theatre and dance mini-camp, Year 2 (CP)
If you would like any further information or would like to discuss what we can offer your school group, please do not hesitate to contact us by email or phone +33 (0)5 53 87 72 18.